Skate into the Festive Season at Europe’s Largest Shopping Destination
The approach of winter heralds the return of Westfield London’s coolest indoor ice rink. Located in the magnificent Atrium event space, the 500 square-metre ice rink boasts an impressive festive backdrop and after dark, sumptuous lighting and live music, makes late night skating a special experience for friends and family.
For over six weeks, the ice rink, made of real ice, will host exciting themed sessions and the best value ice skating tickets around.
Skaters can soak up the sounds of a live DJ from Thursday to Sunday each week and enjoy special music performances on the Westfield Presents stage located on the ice rink. For families, a range of entertainment will be on offer for all ages, and fun penguin and seal-themed skating aids will be available to hire for children as young as 3 to join in the fun.
Whether you’re combining a skating session with a meal at one of our 70 places to eat and drink or simply perfecting your skating style, you’ll be sure to have a great day out at Westfield London. And the best bit of it all…it’s all under one roof!
…And not forgetting the incredible new Adventure to Santa’s Grotto, A DreamWorks DreamPlace, which takes visitors through fun, interactive and personalised activities on their adventure to Santa. Brought to life by DreamWorks Animation, Adventure to Santa’s Grotto concept combines the studio’s famous storytelling and humour into one of the greatest legends of all time. Open until 24th December, 2015.
Westfield New Santa’s Grotto Featuring Cinematic Shrek Experience Adventure to Santa’s Grotto, A DreamWorks DreamPlace
This Christmas, Westfield has unveiled a brand new festive experience that will take families on an unforgettable journey to the North Pole accompanied by everyone’s favourite Shrek characters.
The incredible new Grotto at Westfield London and Stratford City – Adventure to Santa’s Grotto, A DreamWorks DreamPlace – takes visitors through fun, interactive and personalised activities on their adventure to Santa. These two locations also have the distinction of being the first official sites committed to hosting a DreamWorks DreamPlace outside of the United States.
Brought to life by DreamWorks Animation, Adventure to Santa’s Grotto concept combines the studio’s famous storytelling and humour into one of the greatest legends of all time.
Once aboard Santa’s sleigh, families will embark on an immersive, cinematic adventure set in a 2,000 square-foot holiday cottage that combines the latest technology of motion-based effects with magical storytelling.
The world famous characters, Shrek and Donkey guide each child on a magical journey through the skies to Santa’s workshop at the North Pole.
Once Shrek and his friends reach the North Pole, children will have their specially provided passports processed at the North Pole Customs Shop by one of Santa’s helpful elves. As kids wait to visit Santa they will be able to earn ‘nice points’ through a unique tablet game before each family is able to enjoy their own experience with Santa.
The entire experience is tailored and personalised, from the moment families reserve their visit from home to meeting Santa in his study.
FESTIVE FACTS ABOUT ADVENTURE TO SANTA’S GROTTO, A DREAMWORKS DREAMPLACE:
- DreamWorks Animation is the global family entertainment brand known for award-winning storytelling and industry leading innovation
- Westfield will be the only destination in Greater London to experience Adventure to Santa’s Grotto, A DreamWorks DreamPlace
- DreamPlace was imagined by a world-class stable of DreamWorks Animation artists, storytellers and innovators
- DreamPlace has six different light shows and requires 150 craftsmen to create
- DreamPlace weighs over 50,000 pounds, which is equivalent to the weight of 1,000 Christmas trees!
- DreamPlace is a 2,000 square-foot Christmas cottage that combines the latest technology with magical storytelling from creative minds
- Created with Parker 3D – the award-winning, technology-driven design team that worked closely with DreamWorks Animation to bring DreamPlace to reality. Parker 3D is an industry leader in interactive, video-integrated brand activations
- Westfield London and Stratford City are the first destinations outside of the US committed to hosting Adventure to Santa’s Grotto, A DreamWorks DreamPlace