THIS year National Doughnut Week is celebrating its 25th anniversary and the country is going absolutely doughnuts for the most delicious, quirky and indulgent treats of the filled or ringed variety.
To get involved in the fun, simply purchase a delicious doughnut from a participating baker to raise money for The Children’s Trust, the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury.
For inspiration and encouragement, here’s a selection of some cool doughnut creations:
1. These ridiculously cute rainbow doughnuts, perfectly decorated in colourful style
Recipe from The First Year Blog
2. The ultimate in indulgence, deep fried oreo doughnuts with a salted caramel sauce. Does it get any better than this?
3. Light and fruity for summer, these blood orange doughnuts look absolutely divine.
From The Little Epicurean
4. Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, USA, sells these quirky raised yeast doughnuts, covered in vanilla and crunchy cereal. What a breakfast!
5. S’mores doughnuts? This take on the classic American treat includes a marshmallow fluff filling, chocolate ganache and crushed crackers.
Sold at Glazed Gourmet in Charleston, USA, these look mouthwateringly good