This week marks 150 years of Alice in Wonderland and to celebrate the occasion Chambord have created a curious cocktail fit for the Queen of Hearts!
CHAMBORD CHAPTER EIGHT COCKTAIL
- 30ml Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 30ml premium gin
- 30ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 sage leaves
- Dash of soda water
Raspberry and rose paint
Good quality raspberry jam
Coupette or Martini
- Simply add the Chambord, gin, grapefruit juice, lemon juice and sage leaves to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake hard to the beat of the drum
- Paint the inside of your glass with good quality raspberry jam and strain the liquid in a chilled coupette or martini glass and top with a dash of soda water. Voila!
- To complete the look and flatter your queen, garnish your Chambord Chapter Eight Cocktail with a mini Queen of Hearts playing card. Why? Because No Reason
LOOKING TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF?
If you fancy tantalising your taste buds even more then why not create this curious concoction to paint your glass rose red.
1 tsp rose water
- Create your paint by adding 400g of raspberries, 200ml of water, the juice of one lemon, a teaspoon of rose water and 200g of sugar infused with pectin into a blender. Blend on ‘high’ for one minute. Not a moment more
- Strain the mixture through a sieve so you have a thin raspberry puree. Put this puree in a large pan and bring to the boil on low heat. Cook for a further 30 minutes on medium heat
- Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool. Use a paintbrush to artistically brush the inside of your glass with your ‘paint’
- Add the Chambord, gin, grapefruit juice, lemon juice and sage leaves to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake
- Serve in your coupette or martini glass with a dash of soda
For more inspiration visit www.facebook.com/ChambordUK